JazzBuffalo, the d.b.a. business and brand name for the Greater Buffalo Jazz Society is initiating the next phase of organizational development. We have ambitious plans to bring a vibrant new approach to the idea of keeping jazz alive in Western New York. The aim is to enrich the Greater Buffalo community by creating opportunities for building jazz awareness and appreciation.
Key leaders and advisors from the business, civic, arts, and cultural organizations are being assembled to help evolve JazzBuffalo into a vibrant arts and cultural organization. An organization which is audience-centric and provides the citizens of Greater Buffalo and beyond with opportunities to experience the art form of jazz.
To help grow the JazzBuffalo community, we are seeking donations to foster growth efforts. Your valuable donations will contribute to the following 10-specific growth plans:
- Although we are an official non-profit organization filed with the State Of New York, we are in the midst of applying for the 501.c3 status through legal counsel
- The current website has served initial start-up efforts well. As we evolve and develop, a more robust website will be needed to serve the audiences, musicians, venues, and cultural organizations supporting jazz
- JazzBuffalo's aim is to provide an event calendaring and ticketing capability for both audiences and musicians to enjoy, as well as, be their source for Jazz In Town events throughout Greater Buffalo
- To support the JazzBuffalo Partner Series with arts and cultural institutions such as MusicalFare Theatre, Road Less Traveled Productions, Pausa Art House, the AKG Art Gallery, and more with marketing services promoting jazz. Such efforts will help to produce more jazz series for audiences
- To collaborate with, build alliances with, and support other jazz-related non-profit organizations such as the Historic Colored Musicians Club, Pappy Martin Legacy Jazz Society, Queen City Jazz Society, Buffalo Jazz Collective, and Hallwalls Contemporary Arts Center
- To collaborate with performing arts centers to bring JazzBuffalo produced and sponsored events featuring nationally and internationally recognized jazz artists
- To develop the Jazz For The Next Generation Education Program helping to facilitate jazz education at in-school and after-school programs
- To facilitate and foster a JazzBuffalo Composer Series Competition event that recognizes original jazz compositions
- To create a cornerstone Buffalo Jazz Festival that positions Buffalo as a jazz festival destination for both audiences and international jazz musicians
- The JazzBuffalo Poll has become a source of immense recognition for both jazz audiences and musicians. Our aim is to have a designated JazzBuffalo Poll website and an annual awards fundraising event
These are ambitious efforts. Achieving them will enrich the resurging Greater Buffalo community by making the art of jazz a pivotal contributing source of community enrichment. This cannot be done without in-kind donations. Initial donations will not be tax-deductible while we are in application status for 501.c3 designation. Future donations most certainly will be. However, your initial donations and contributions will go a long way towards making JazzBuffalo a vibrant cultural asset to Greater Buffalo. And, provide more opportunities for jazz to be performed throughout the Greater Buffalo area.
Please click on the Donate Button to help support growing the JazzBuffalo Community.
Keep Jazz Alive In WNY!!!